OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Put yourself on your to do list!

Do these words sound familiar, overwhelmed, over committed, and exhausted! As a mother trying to balance life, the roles always seem to blur together.

How do we better define the lines and not come up short on time for ourselves? Fitness has been my answer. It’s “my world” where I plug into my Ipod and become “me” for just a moment. The dishes, laundry, and work will all still be there waiting for me when I’m done. Learning to put myself on my to do list has ignited a heart felt desire to do and be more.
I’m not a supermom. I’m just a mom with a genuine passion for health and fitness. I believe when you have passion, anything is possible!

Empowering steps to taking a little time for you-


It’s life changing to say no! If you have 1 free hour available that doesn't mean you have to schedule something.

Every night before bed write down everything you need to do the next day and prioritize them.

Focus on the key things you have to do and refrain from getting distracted.

Schedule time for you. Even a ten minute walk can help you reconnect with yourself.

It's not about being perfect. Just do your best!

Remember busy doesn't equal productive.


How do you avoid the trap of being over committed and exhausted? What do you do just for you? I would love to hear.

2 comments:

  1. Practicing true meditation feels fantastic. Use it to get a second wind or just to refocus and stay grounded.

    ReplyDelete