OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

We are the choices we make

I don't know about you but being a fit mom is a choice I have to make all day everyday-every bite of food and every workout. But as I move through my day, it has a way of feeling like it’s happening to me rather than for me. Have you ever felt this way? In my journal I wrote out these 5 key issues and when I was able to answer all of them, I found success.

Plan: What is my daily plan?
Organization: What do I need to organize to make sure my plan succeeds?
Motivation: What motivates me?
Nutrition: What do I like to eat? How can I eat these foods in a healthy way?
Training: What time of day will I commit to 5 days a week? How will I train?

As moms our days are continually derailed. Please tell me what you do to stay on track?

5 comments:

  1. Laugh and Laugh and Laugh!!! Seriously...at the end of the day, I love to see my boys smile and to do this I always take care of me...I put weekly goals on my fridge that keep me motivated. Instead of focusing on what I can't have I focus on having fun! We have mexican night where everyone wears a funny mexican hat and I make yummy taco salads:) This way I don't focus on not eating tons of taco's but the laughter and the funny spanish music and then we dance after! The kids beg for "funny hat" night:) Live...laugh...love...and have lots of fun!!! Beth.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get to the gym first thing or the day gets away from me! I like to cook meals on Sunday so I have chicken or whatever ready to grab on the go during the week. We have one night a week...usually Friday...that we give ourselves a break and get pizza. I like the taco night idea though! Thanks for inspiring other busy moms! Crystal C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two boys age 12 and 14 so there is always plenty to do.Being a wife,mom and working many people could make excuses to not workout but I don't,even if it's 9PM I'm in the weightroom.I'm lucky because we have a home gym so everythings right within my reach.I train with weights mon,wed,fri,sat I do 30min cardio sessions tues,thurs,sun with abs. I eat clean everyday since I have competed in 2 figure shows I got used to the clean eating and how much better I feel with the whole foods. Everything I ate I remembered how I felt afterwords it made alot of sense. If it doesn't benefit my body I don't eat it. Mind set I think has alot to do with it too, a positive mind is a strong mind.I feel unstoppable and I am so glad I learned what works for me. People make eating healthy so hard but it's actually not. It's like a car that you put cheap gas in how well will it run for you? But put in the premium and that car will run beautifully your food is your fuel use the premium :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you come up with your freezer meals, Kim. That reminded me of when the kids were all four in different sports. Haven't done those freezer meals in years. Thanks for the reminder. I just need to start with a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all great feedback, thank you. I will be writing a blog about quick meals and meals that freeze well. Please check back, and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete