OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Do you always feel, on?

Here's a moment you'll never forget, remember when you had your first child? All of this sudden it was like a switch was flipped, and you were "on". Don't you feel like you're always, on? You know that feeling that makes you go check on your brand new baby repeatedly to make sure they're breathing? Four years into this, I'm wondering when do you get to shut off? I love my daughter more than anything, so it's hard to admit that sometimes I want one of those pre-baby days back, where I did...I don't even know what with my time! How do you get a little of that back?

4 comments:

  1. I think once you are a Mom you are in "on" mode for the rest of your life. Motherhood changes everything - mostly for the good. Some things I have done to temporarily disengage are:

    1- Find a great sitter you trust. This is worth every penny. Go shopping, go out to dinner with your husband, meet a friend for a workout. It doesn't take much time away to recharge.
    2- Take a weekend away by yourself or with some friends to do something you love.
    3- From time to time, cash in the big favor and ask a family member to watch your child(ren) and get away with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think you never really switch "off" but I find nights out with the hubby help me be me again instead of Mommy. Unfortunately, you have to switch back on again as soon as you get home but it helps me remember pre-children days (and yes I will admit I do miss them days just a little bit) I do wonder what I really did with all my spare time I had that I never thought I did!!

    I love that your blog is so in tune with us mommy's and that we are all in this together :0))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm selfish, must be my nature. I leave from time to time and go stay at my Sisters house to get away (it's just her and her hubby).
    Going to her house is like purchasing a spa retreat package, only I don't have to pay. Only for the gas in my vehicle to get there! LOL

    I really do realize that I need times like these in my life.
    I only wish ALL women would realize this.

    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great advice! Thank you all for sharing. I need to find a great babysitter, it's time! I guess we will always be on, but there's nothing wrong with taking those well deserved moments to reconnect with our significant others and even ourselves. I love that I'm not alone, it makes those tough times easier:)

    ReplyDelete