OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Monday, April 4, 2011

Sprints, my Yummy Mummy Leg Secret!

Are your legs and glutes where you want them to be? Frustrated with the condition of my legs, I decided to take some of my cardio and leg training to my backyard. Have you ever tried Sprinting? If your results have stagnated, and your legs aren't where you'd like them to be, incorporate Sprints. After 3 months of adding them to my training twice a week, I noticed my former flatter glutes higher and rounder. As well as, an increase in fat loss, tighter skin, and more separation in my IT band: that's the line that runs vertically down your thigh visually separating your quad and hamstring. Get outside and run! Doing all your training on machines is great, but I have to admit I've noticed the biggest changes taking it outside. Benefits, I've noticed from Sprinting include:

  • You can do them at or near your home, like at a park or high school. I do them at home in my yard. They're convenient!

  • You can do them with your kids.

  • Time saved, not driving to the gym, if done at or near home.

  • Increased fat loss all over.

  • Higher fuller glutes, tighter legs, and more definition.

  • Incredible Endorphin release.

  • Results!

Here's an Oxygen Video of me discussing this, Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I am so used to facebook, I was looking for a button to "like" this. Love sprint bursts!!! They are fantastic for fat loss and getting longer and leaner legs!! And I love that I can "Race" my kids while I do them.. ya know they finally win when I take a recovery jog!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestion Kim! My kids love sprinting and racing int he back yard and for some reason I have never thought to join them. My son is always asking to work out with me. Now I know how we can do this and kill two birds with one stone! Thanks, now I have a plan b if cardio does not go as planned for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell all of my clients that if they want to get lean they absolutely must sprint!

    Sprint, then sprint some more and then when you feel like you are going to throw up your heart, know you did it right!

    ReplyDelete