OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Monday, April 25, 2011

I'll be happy when.....

I hear this all the time and it makes me wonder, "Well, what about now?" This weekend I was fortunate to catch an African Dance Program. As I watched it, I was in awe of the beauty and confidence these women exuded. They inspired me to write this,

" Be comfortable in your own skin, no matter what size, age, color, or shape you're in. We're all on a journey somewhere, all a work in progress. Take a moment and embrace You-You right now! Not the you-you want to become someday!"

I hear people say this all the time," I'll be happy when I lose 10 pounds, when I have a flat stomach, or when-well, the list is endless. But don't you think it's important to be happy now?As much as I think goals are important, self-acceptance goes a long way in achieving them.
Do you find yourself saying, "I'll be happy when?"

No comments:

Post a Comment