OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Getting through your failures brings success!

Sometimes the hardest part of a goal is getting started. Then once you're going in the right direction it becomes how do I stay on this path? And when you've reached your goal, you begin wondering how do I maintain this? From getting started, to staying the course, to maintaining your goals; this quote always reminds me that failing is part of success.

I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan

Remember just like anything we do for the first time, there's some learning and commitment involved. Getting fit and staying fit is an ongoing process. People have often said to me, "Well, isn't it easy now to eat clean? And now that you got your weight down, I bet it's easy to keep it there!" Nothing could be further from the truth. There's an ebb and flow to it, and I fight daily to maintain it. It never gets easier. I'm just quicker to get back on track than when I first started, and I know through journaling what I can and can't get away with it. Failure has brought me the greatest success. It has taught me to keep getting back up, keep believing in myself, and how to overcome setbacks.

Don't you think failing is part of success? And the quicker we are to forgive ourselves and jump back on track, the more likely fitness will become our lifestyle?

No comments:

Post a Comment