OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Monday, May 30, 2011

What's your Body Type?

Why do we compare ourselves to other people? I'm preparing for my WBFF competition in Toronto, and I find myself looking at photos and thinking, "I wish I had her waist, or wow look at her legs!" when I know better.
I think it's important to know your body type and pick appropriate people as your inspiration. I spent the better part of my childhood wanting to look like a ballerina, and that was never going to happen. There are three body types, and within these body types there are combinations of two. Knowing your body type goes a long way in helping you understand what type of training and nutrition your body will respond to. Here are the three body types:



  • ectomorph


  • mesomorph


  • endomorph


Had I known as a teenager that my medium frame mesomorph body would never be able to look like a small frame ectomorph ballerina, I would've saved time feeling defeated in my attempts. As mothers I think it's important to be comfortable in our bodies, because our children are directly affected. Looking at my daughter, I see my shoulders and traps and she's four! It makes my smile, because I would never change a single thing about her and this has helped me make peace with my build and body type. When you look at your children, what do you see of yourself in them?



Have you ever figured out your body type? Don't you think it would help you choose what nutrition and training best suits you? Click here to figure out your body type, and let me know what you think? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

2 comments:

  1. Your score is 1.67.

    Your body is between an EndoMorph and a Mesomorph.

    I need to strength train but not overdo it. Moderate to heavy weights with little rest between sets. I gain muscle easy and must stick to a diet of 5-6 small healthy meals.

    I know my metabolism is a bit on the slow side, so I've hired a personal trainer to give me a kick in the pants that is soooo needed to jump start a new healthy life!

    Great post Kim!!! I now know my body type and know exactly what I need to do to "work it".

    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a mesomorph which actually excites me!! I used to absolutely despise my body. I hated how fat I thought my legs were growing up. My mom called them "Beamer legs," and would always tell me they are great because they're muscular up top, i have calves naturally w/out training them, and thin ankles. not until the last 3 yrs of my life have i been so in love with my legs because they carry me far distances when I run, and push A LOT of weight.

    I'm sure you know this, but be careful spending too much time checking out other ladies when you are carb depleted! It was so easy for me to fixate on and it made me crazy!

    ReplyDelete