OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Monday, May 23, 2011

Post baby belly, will it ever be tight and toned again?

Have you ever said this, "Will the skin on my stomach ever be tight and toned, especially around my belly button? How do you get a tight toned belly after having a baby?"

I'm going to be honest, my stomach has always been my source of frustration, so after having my daughter I was beside myself! It's very hard to be a new mom, but miss your old body.

I'm going to do a two-part series on this blog. On Thursday, I'm going to share what helped me transform my tummy, but for now I want to hear what helped you? How did you get your abs back, or have you? If you haven't what are you struggling with, is it your weight, skin or both?

3 comments:

  1. I have had three kids (large babies) and I am only 5'2. With all three babies my muscles split and I still diatisis ( you know the part that sticks out down the center of your stomach, when you do a crunch) plus I have had a csection and a belly button hernia. I have lost weight and could maybe lose about 5 more pounds I am at 130 right now. My rib cage is small with no real fat on it but my stomach protrudes like I am pregnant. So my struggle is probably with skin, maybe a bit of weight and just general muscle strength in my stomach, until just recently I couldn't engage those muscles at, all it is finally coming back slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had 2 children and have had to work hard on my stomache by doing the following: 1. eating balanced meals and limiting sugar 2. Regular cardio and 3. a full body weight training program. However, try as i might my stomache only looks 90% as good as it did pre- babies. Because I am eating right and exercising, I feel proud of my post baby body even if it is not 100% perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to share this with a couple of my clients. They're in great shape and share that same frustration.

    ReplyDelete