OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Monday, January 24, 2011

How am I supposed to do all the things I need to do today?

Do you find yourself asking this question?

I'll admit it, I had a "moment" this morning. But, don't we all? Seriously, has this thought ever crossed your mind, what about me? And, not in a vain way. I'm speaking of bare necessities.

These are the days the last thing you want is a lecture on how you just need to get organized, or how to fix it. So, I'm not going to do that.

Let's face it moms, we have a tough job. Very rewarding, but it requires all we've got. Am I alone here, or do you feel like this too?

What pulls you out of these "moments?" How do you do all the things you need to do every day?

4 comments:

  1. One thing that has helped me is to realize that some stuff has got to come off of my plate. I find that if I have less to do, then the things I'm responsible for get done well. I have less stress, and more time for my family. My husband and I share some responsibilities (like he will clean the kitchen at night while I put our son down for the night) and I will plan 1 weekly grocery shopping trip / meal plan so I know what's for dinner each night and save money by not going to the store 3-4 times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to prioritize, or I get too overwhelmed!! I think about what HAS to be done today so that I can feel OK when I lay down to sleep at night.

    Like most of us, I never really make it all the way through my checklist. But if I prioritize for each day, I can at LEAST make it through the day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am up early, before my lovely little monsters. :) I use this time to get my ME time as the whole day goes better if I take care of my own health (mental and physical). I head to the gym early, get organized for the day and do my blogging/writing/reading. I am more productive before 8 am.....all about efficient use of time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your comments, I realize I'm not alone. I agree with all of you. Maria, great suggestion on sharing responsibilities at night with kitchen clean up and bath time. Emily, I too live by my list, even though I don't always get everything done, I'm focused and productive. And, FitMom, love the bicep shot:) and I'm with you on morning being our time. I couldn't live without it!
    Thank you for the comments. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete