OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Monday, January 31, 2011

I'll start on Monday

So, I’m at a restaurant and I can’t help but notice a lady asking for another bread basket. As she grabbed it she smiled and said “ I’ll start on Monday.”

It got me thinking. What does this mean? Does it mean we can skip workouts and binge on everything we want, and then we’ll snap out of it on Monday?
There’s an implication that it’ll be easier then to eat clean, and all the perfect training opportunities will come together, if only right?
If your life is anything like mine, that never happens.


But, what if Monday never comes? Then 5 pounds turns into 10, and you find yourself wondering, how did I get so far away from my goal?


As busy moms, we already have to fight to get our workouts in and to make the best food choices for our families. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for the occasional guilt-free indulgence. But, wouldn’t you agree putting everything off until Monday, is only putting off results?

2 comments:

  1. My favorite, and my husband reminded me of this last weekend.... "when is the WORST day to start a diet? TOMORROW!"

    I'm guilty of this for sure. There is no such thing as "the right time" to start. There will always be sick kids, bad hair days, and countless other reasons to wait to start, but we really just need to do it.

    I agree completely - putting off starting until your Monday, whenever that is to you, is putting off results.

    So true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Emily, there's no perfect time. It's a way of living each workout and meal one at a time.
    Tough but true!

    Yours in health,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete