OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Healthy Food Healthy Family

“Don’t take something away, replace it,” this is my healthy family food motto! Here are some family favorites made the healthy way.




Let’s face it, feeding our children healthy food is tough. Even our long term success hinges on a good maintenance program. I believe an exclusive diet of oats, egg whites and chicken is unrealistic, especially for the family. Dedicated to family health, I've found cooking healthy alternatives my key to success.


Wouldn't you agree if you want lifelong results, taking away your family's favorite foods won't last? Do you have any favorite family recipes that you can share? Give these a try, and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I agree and I think that it is so important not to tell our kids "Oh, don't eat that, that's mommy's diet food" if we are eating it, then our kids should be eating it too. I also hate "here, you eat this McDonalds, mom is going to have subway."
    To be healthy forever, it has to be a lifestyle, for the whole family.
    Wondering if you have top pics for pre workout energy boost drinks? And also meal repacement bars or protein bars for after sweat sessions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri,

    What a great idea. I'll make a blog out of pre and post workout snacks and drinks. Totally agree with not having separate menus for mommy and the kids. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

    Yours in health,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete