OxygenD's Yummy Mummy Fitness

Monday, March 7, 2011

Healthy Habits from Mom

When you become a mother, you get a brand new appreciation of all your mom did for you. This weekend, I hosted a family reunion at our home with 17 people. Being the eldest of five children, it was an honor to bring everyone together. Family is very important to me, and as time passes the opportunities to get together seem to dwindle. With all the kids running around the house and trying to get time in with everyone, I couldn't help but focus on my mother. She was in the kitchen with me the whole time. Her passion for cooking and making healthy food choices are healthy habits she instilled in me. She did not allow me to eat fast food, so to this day I don't. I'm grateful to her for giving me a love for healthy cooking, and for keeping me out of the drive thru's!
 
In appreciation and acknowledgement of our mothers, what healthy habit did your mother teach you?

No comments:

Post a Comment